TRAVEL LIFE HACKS
Travel stress-free with these life hacks that will definitely brighten your day!
By: Cheryl Soh
Travelling a foreign land brings about unnecessary hassle. From packing, to the “oh no, I forgot -” moments. With so many daily-life hacks on the internet, we compiled our favourite (and our home-grown) hacks that are sure to resolve your problems! From packing cheats to in-the-country cheats, these life hacks are bound to ease your shoulders!
Hacking the Packing:
1. Screw on lid after placing a cling wrap over the bottle/container
2. Cover your razor heads with a binder clip
3. Make sure to pack extra ziplock bags
4. Roll your clothes and bind it with your hair ties to save space
5. Use an old contact lens case to keep liquid moisturizers
6. Always pack medicine for common ailments (place them in original containers)
1. Using paper napkins or serviettes as an oil-blotter.
2. Place your local currencies in a separate wallet in case of theft.
3. Use a potholder to keep your hair tools.
4. Use a belt to keep collars stiff.
5. Ask for free samples at department stores so you don’t waste your luggage space for toiletries (or you can keep hotel toiletries for your next usage).
1. Waterproof your bag by lining it with a trash bag.
2. Cut a bar soap into slices for a one-time usage.
3. Wear swimwear under your clothes rather than underwear (easier for you to wash up as well).
4. Have an emergency kit with you at all times. Containing: mosquito repellent, sunblock, moisturisers, petroleum jelly, bandages, antiseptic creams, sewing kits and a Swiss army knife.
5. Use a small microfiber towel instead of a cotton towel as it absorbs and dries more efficiently.